Thank you to our Sr. Jazz Band for performing at the school awards night on Thursday night! It was standing room only (that’s a first in the 9 years that I’ve done this “gig”) and the jazz band was on fire. Well done and congratulations to ALL award recipients!
Marching Band - Great work at the Esquimalt Buccaneers Day parade on Saturday! The band played very well and the audience was very appreciative! I am very proud of all of you and I think this was a wonderful way to finish our season.
Our Band 11/12 class had a great afternoon of Rooftop Volleyball at The Stickey Wicket following the parade. It was awesome! A big thanks to Breanna Lowe (Grade 11) for organizing this wonderful event. :)
Here we are! The last week of regular classes…
1.) Band Classes:
- Monday – Band 10 in Period 1.
- Tuesday – Celebrations Day: 40 min. classes: Periods 2, 1, Lunch, Periods 3, 4. TAG and Yearbook Distribution. School ends at 11:50 (**TAG May happen at the beginning of the day… Still waiting for confirmation!)
- Wednesday – Copernican Day: Period 1 from 9am-11am. Grade 10s will have PE for the first hour with Ms. Condie. Band for the second hour (requirement completion block), Period 3 from 12:30pm-2:30pm.
- Thursday – Copernican Day: Period 2 from 9am-11am. Grade 11s go to English, Grade 12s have a study block. Period 4 from 12:30pm-2:30pm.
- Friday – Exams begin.
2.) Morning/Lunch/After School Rehearsals:
All morning, and lunch rehearsals are now finished.
***Only exception… Sr. Jazz Band will meet at Lunch on Monday to return and sort music.***
3.) Requirements Due on Wednesday:
Playing requirements for Band 9-12, practice cards for Band 9/10, and any outstanding assignments are due by 5:00pm on Wednesday, June 17th.
PLEASE complete your REQUIREMENTS and TURN IN PRACTICE CARDS. These are the standing assignments for band classes. I cannot give you a mark based on your award-winning smile, hairdo, perfect teeth, etc.!
4.) Uniform/Instrument/Music Returns:
- Please begin returning band uniforms on Monday. Hang everything up in your garment bag (include shoes, ties, and vests) and hang your bag on the uniform racks in the practice room.
- Please make sure your uniform tag and/or name is on your garment bag.
- If there are no damages/losses your damage deposit cheques will be destroyed. Please advise if you would like us to return your deposit cheque.
- All folders and sheet music should now be returned to the band room.
- Keep your technique books until you have completed playing requirements.
- Please return any outstanding music/folders ASAP.
- All school owned instruments must be returned by Friday the 19th.
5.) Year End SBPA Events
Final Bottle Drive: Saturday, June 20th (9am-1pm) - All profits go towards sheet music and instrument purchases and start up for September. All help is appreciated! Even an hour helps! Sign up in the band room!
Year End BBQ: Saturday, June 20th (2:00pm at Carol Davis’ Home – 983 Meadowview Place) - BBQ and Year End Party to celebrate all of your hard work this year! All Grade 9-12 students and their parents are welcome. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org AND/OR join the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/694894537323526/
Band Parents Association Annual General Meeting: Monday, June 22nd (7:00pm in the Spectrum Library) - All parents are welcome! Voting for executive positions, committee positions, fundraising coordinators etc. Please consider volunteering to help us support the band program at Spectrum. :)
Thank you everyone!!