What a great week! We have a lot to celebrate!
Congratulations and THANK YOU to:
- Sr. Jazz Band for performing for three packed Fine Arts Showcases for Spectrum Students!
- Both Jazz Bands for performing so well at Hermann’s on Tuesday night! Thank you to everyone who came out to support the bands. It was packed!
- Thank you to our Pit Orchestra students who gave up their Pro-D day on Friday and most of their day on Saturday to come in and rehearse for opening night!
- Grade 10 student Andrew Montgomery! Andrew won the Louis Sherman Concerto competition and will perform with the Victoria Chamber Orchestra in April. Bravo Andrew!
- ALL OF YOU! If you haven’t heard the Spectrum Band WON the Bottle Depot’s Bottle Drive Contest! February's Donation Bin proceeds are going towards the band program! ( By the way.. over the last year we did 8 bottle drives & fund raised $10,569.30! That’s incredible and shows some impressive commitment and team work! Thank you!)
1.) Band Classes:
Monday – Band 10 in Period 1
Tuesday – Band 9 in Period 1, Band 11/12 in Period 2.
Wednesday – Band 10 in Period 1.
Thursday – Band 9 in Period 1, Band 11/12 in Period 2.
Friday – Band 10 in Period 1, Band 11/12 in Period 2.
**Practice Cards for Band 9/10: Now on Week 21 this week! Turn in Week 20 for marking.
2.) Morning/Lunch/After School Rehearsals:
****Please note the changes to this schedule to accommodate Germany tour band rehearsals.
Monday – Sr. Concert Band at 7:30am, Jr. Jazz at Lunch, Pit Orchestra at 3:15pm (in Band Room)
Tuesday – Sr. Jazz at 7:30am, Jr. Jazz at Lunch, Extra help avail. After school.
Wednesday – GERMANY TOUR BAND (Only those students travelling to Germany need to attend) at 7:30am, Sr. Jazz at Lunch, Pit Orchestra Dress Reheasal at 5:00pm
Thursday – Jr. Jazz at 7:30am, GERMANY TOUR BAND at Lunch, Pit Orchestra at 3:15pm.
Friday – Jr. Concert Band at 7:30am, GERMANY TOUR BAND at Lunch.
3.) The Will Rogers Follies
Our MainStage musical theatre production of The Will Rogers Follies: A Life in Revue opens this Friday! Our fine arts students in the cast, crew, and the pit orchestra have been working very hard and it’s going to be a great show! The show runs on February 27, 28, March 5, 6, 7 at 7:30pm and on March 8 at 2:00pm. Tickets are available through the school office by calling 250-479-8271 ($10 Adults, $8 Students).
4.) Germany Tour Information
Carol will be sending out an email with tour updates to everyone going on tour. We have a mandatory meeting with Mr. House on Monday, March 2nd at 7:00pm (all traveling students and at least one parents must attend) in the band room. 2 weeks to go!!
Attendance at all Tour Band rehearsals is mandatory for all students traveling to Germany.
5.) Marching Band
Marching band will be starting after spring break. Music for the spring parades ('Salute to the Colors' March and ‘Jump' by Van Halen) will be distributed in classes this week. Please start memorizing your music ASAP! :)
That’s it for now! Enjoy your week. Thank you for all that you do as students, musicians, parents, and supporters!