Thanks for a good first week back at school! Also, thanks to everyone that came to our bottle drive before school started (Almost $1600 in profits!).
We had a great turn out to the Band Parents meeting on Monday! Wow! Thank you to everyone that came out. :) The next meeting is on Monday February 2nd at 7:00pm in the library.
We have a busy week ahead of us with the Fine Arts Showcase coming up. Please make sure you know where you need to be. :)
1.) Fine Arts Showcase This Week
Come and check out Spectrum’s band, dance, musical theatre, pit orchestra, stagecraft, media arts, video arts, and visual arts programs on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. You won’t be disappointed! Tickets are $5.00 each and are available from the office (250-479-8271). I recommend that you buy tickets ahead of time as these performances have traditionally sold out by opening night. Our Junior Concert Band, Senior Concert Band and Senior Jazz Band will be performing on separate nights (the Pit Orchestra performs every night). All performances are mandatory and will require full uniforms (long black socks, accessories, all-blacks for pit orchestra etc.).
- Monday, Jan. 12 – There is a dress rehearsal for all JR. CONCERT BAND students and the from 3:15pm – 3:45pm and for the PIT ORCHESTRA (later in the program). You must bring/wear your band uniform (they can be stored in the band room if needed)
- Wednesday, Jan. 14 – Jr. Concert Band performs at 7:30pm. Call time for all students is 6:45pm.
- Thursday, Jan. 15 – Sr. Concert Band performs at 7:30pm. Call time for all students is 6:45pm.
- Friday, Jan. 16 – Sr. Jazz Band performs at 7:30pm. Call time for all students is 6:45pm.
Day Time Showcases on Friday (Sr. Band and Pit Orchestra):
- The Senior Concert Band/Pit Orchestra will be performing for Glanford and Colquitz students on Friday, Jan. 16th. You will be excused from your classes.
- Meet in the band room at 8:30am in your full uniform. 9:00am perform for GMS. 12:00pm perform for CMS.
Please read the running order for more information!!
2.) ***DATE CHANGE - Secondary Information Night (Jr. Jazz Band) - NOW ON TUES. JAN. 20th***
The school has changed the date of it’s "Secondary Information Night" to Tuesday January 20th (instead of January 27th). Jr. Jazz Band please make note of this change as we perform at this event every year!
Student call time is 6:15pm in full uniform. We will be finished around 7:15pm.
Please read the attached running order for more information!!
3.) Band Classes
- Monday – Band 9 in Period 1
- Tuesday – Band 10 in Period 1, Band 11/12 in Period 2.
- Wednesday - Band 9 in Period 1.
- Thursday - Band 10 in Period 1, Band 11/12 in Period 2.
- Friday – Band 9 (study block) in Period 1.
*Band 9/10 Practice Cards – Submit Week 14 for marking. Start week 15. :)
4.) Morning/Lunch/After School Rehearsals
Monday – Sr. Concert Band at 7:30am, Jr. Jazz at Lunch, FA Showcase Dress Rehearsal at 3:15pm (Jr. Band/Pit Orchestra)
Tuesday – Sr. Jazz Band at 7:30am, Jr. Jazz Band at Lunch, Staff Meeting After School (No extra help. Sorry :( )
Wednesday – Sr. Concert Band at 7:30am, Sr. Jazz Band at Lunch, Pit Orchestra at 3:15pm
Thursday – Jr. Jazz Band at 7:30am, Sr. Jazz Band at Lunch, Pit Orchestra at 3:15pm
Friday – Jr. Concert Band at 7:30am, Germany Band Tour Meeting, Extra Help available after school.
Thanks, everyone! Come check out the showcases! As always, don't hesitate to ask questions.