Just a couple of reminders for the big day tomorrow…
- Wear your marching band uniform to school tomorrow (Uniform consists of: black blazer, black pants, long black socks, band shoes, white dress shirt, orange tie.)
- DRESS WARM and LAYER underneath your uniform: long underwear, Under Armour, etc. It will be cold!
- The Band will provide each student with a Spectrum scarf and a pair of gloves (must be returned at the end!)
- Don’t forget to pack a LUNCH and SNACKS or bring some food money.
- You may want to bring a change of clothes to change on the ferry afterwards (uniforms MUST be hung up/stored neatly, however).
- If you are bringing a backpack it will be stored on the bus during the parade. There is no storage at the parade site.
- GIRLS hair must be French braided (2 french braids down the back). If you are unable to French braid at home, please come with clean/brushed hair and the band moms will French braid for you.
- Check out TSN on Saturday night for highlights from the parade. We will have lots of photos and videos posted on the website after the parade too!
5:15am – Call time for all students at Spectrum. Wear your marching band uniform and meet in the Band Room. DO NOT BE LATE.
5:45am – Busses depart for BC Ferries
7:00am – Ferry crossing to Vancouver
10:00am – Parade Starts!
3:00pm – Ferry crossing back to Victoria.
5:00pm-5:30pm (approx) - Arrive back at Spectrum. Parents please meet us to pick up your kids. :)
***In the case of any travel/ferry changes parents will be notified via email, the Spectrum Band Website, and the "Spectrum Community School Band" Facebook page.
***In case of emergency while we are away, please contact our parent contacts: Steve Davis 250-744-3312 /250-507-0389 & Russ Forster 250-744-2062 / 250-217-4486.
With nearly 100 students traveling on Saturday, please remember that flexibility and professionalism are ESSENTIAL to a quality travel experience. Thank you to the chaperones that have volunteered their time to help with the parade!
To my students - Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to this parade, to our school community, and to our province! I’m looking forward to your performance tomorrow and I am very proud of all of you. :)